Friday, 18 November 2011

Other Things I've Been Doing In The Background.

If you read back over the blog you will see several "more on that later" type comments recently.

The first of these is the instrument panel.  This is how it looked first off.

I really wasn't happy with this so I set about improving it.  First to do was remove all the instruments and to cut out a hole without cutting through any wires.

Then a new mounting board made from a composite board with a brushed stainless finish.

After which a 6mm packing frame was attached to give some recess to the panel, which was then refitted behind the hole and a nice recess oak frame made to dress it. 

I think this looks a whole lot better.  It is now IMO part of the decor not just a bunch of instruments stuck on a board.

I have also finished the hatch, well almost.  It still needs a tiny bit of paint on the inside.  First it was insulated with Celotex then clad out with the same floor laminate as I have used for the rest of the boat roof.

I have also finished the rear door and trimmed them with oak and polished with Briwax.  Again I have used floor laminate to complete the entrance decor.

All the parts needed for the bed base are now on order.  The company that made the furniture will also make finished panels to any reasonable size and finish them as required.  The bed will be a lift up one. 

Also the kitchen is pretty much finished.  I still need the breakfast bar made but my brother is rammed with work ATM because everyone wants their granite worktops done now before Christmas.  When I have time I will clear down the kitchen and photograph it.

No comments:

Post a Comment