Tuesday, 29 June 2010
Monday, 28 June 2010
With the help of my wife all the windows were fitted today.
She very patiently stuck the sealing strip on
I fitted them into the shell. 138 screws in all and all done the old way. I now have a sore hand.
These are the windows I used I am very pleased with them. Fitting was easy and I hope when they need to come out for repainting they will come out just as easy. Just need some rain now to test for water tightness, although ATM that seems unlikely so the hose might come out.
Posted by Kev's Blog Space at Monday, June 28, 2010
Sunday, 27 June 2010
Since the paint job all I can think about is getting the windows in.
We went the the NB as the marina were having a music fest fund raiser for the weekend. We got home early mainly due to there being virtually no traffic, due I suppose to the World Cup.
Of course I couldn't resist. I just had to fit one.
Posted by Kev's Blog Space at Sunday, June 27, 2010
Friday, 25 June 2010
Thursday, 24 June 2010
Jerry did a small test ares today just to see how paint cured etc.
The colour finally chosen was good old Magnolia or BS4800 08 B15 if you prefer.
Conditions permitting the cabin sides will be fully painted tomorrow.
Posted by Kev's Blog Space at Thursday, June 24, 2010
Wednesday, 23 June 2010
Finally a weather window. Bloody British weather!!! I have been studying the met office web site for weeks, so much so I could be a weather girl again.
I'm on the left with the yellow boa.
Having studied weather pattens for the last couple of weeks, a perfect window has opened for the spraying on the cabin sides that for very obvious reasons needs to be done outside.
A high pressure system with no wind for the next few days at least. Perfect.
Jerry started today.
5L of 2k primer later
Posted by Kev's Blog Space at Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Thursday, 10 June 2010
A while back I was given a Vetus 6.5Kva generator.
I got the alternator back form the manufacturers a few days ago. It needed only minor repair and service which only came to £65 including the P&P back to me. Very quick service form the UK agent. They turned it around in 2 days.
It took about an hour to re-mount it on the engine.
Water cooling via a hose up the water intake
Nice and steady at 230v
I will run it up on load tomorrow and make a cuppa. I would have done it this evening but it was getting lateish once I had all the covers back on and the output rewired.
Posted by Kev's Blog Space at Thursday, June 10, 2010