After yesterdays mishap, today was considerably better. I put up another 15 strips of ceiling cladding in the lounge area first thing this morning. Then it was on to the the bed room.
Last week I made up the top of the bed ready for the base to be constructed.
The panels are made by the same firm as the wardrobes and chests of draws. The finish is oak with a pigmented lacquer about 30% gloss finish. The colour is Truffle.
I fixed the wardrobes in place yesterday. Today I fixed the bedside draw units to the wardrobes, made the frame then clad the panels to the frame.
The white strips are edge protection tape
The fix is only temporary for now as the bed might have to come out as the floor sheets might need to be lifted to put trim ballast in.