Sunday 5 August 2012

AVALON:- It's official now.

I spent all day yesterday, well that was available, between the regular and heavy rain showers cleaning and machine polishing and buffing the paintwork ready for the vinyl signs I had made last week.

This morning was dry and windless so after breakfast I marked out the area and positioned the letters.


I split the template into 3 x 2 letters to make application easier.



After a very long cruise, well about 45 minutes and 2 miles later we stopped on a very rural mooring on the River Wissey.  With the canopy down and a tretrious lean over the stern I applied the rear name. 


It's strange after all the work to this point how something like this seems so important to me.  I'll fit the starboard side whe we moor that side.

As we approached this mooring fellow boaters and bloggers Graham & Jill and Joe & Leslie 


called out to say a BBQ was planned for 2pm, so that settled it for us. A combined mash up of food from all boats stores and good weather resulted in a very pleasant afternoon for 6 boaters, 6 dogs and a cat.


High spot was Deb falling off her chair.

 Soft uneven ground apparently!



No comments:

Post a Comment