Monday 23 May 2011

Skeg Day

I've been putting it off for a while now but I decided I would attach the skeg today.  The reason for putting it off is because it involved laying on my back in a tight hole under the boat doing inverted welding.  Not the most appealing of jobs you will agree.

Setting the job up simply involved using a plumb bob from the center of the top bearing hole.


This will only work if the boat is level which if you remember I did at the beginning.   This is the top tip of this blog I think if you are going to build a boat like this.  It's made so many jobs easy to either set up or do.

The weld is of 3 passes on both outer flanges and 1 pass on the inner flanges and 3 pass weld on the outer rear and one on the inner.


So thats another 'orrible job done and surprisingly few burns but very dirty hair and face.

1 comment:

  1. The world belongs to those willing to get dirty Kev!

    Nice work!

    Rick

    ReplyDelete