Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Big Snagging List

Well its come to the time to tackle the snagging list of bigger jobs.

These are mainly the jobs I have been putting off, jobs that could wait, jobs that have occurred as a result of modification of improvements.

Today was welding back the drainage channels removed to get the toilet tank out when I thought it was leaking, after which I painted the all the drainage channels.

I need to put another coat of blacking on so I gave the lower part of the boat a good scrub, we have some good weather predicted for the next few days so I will endeavor to get the final coat on.

I have templated the seat covers for the front lockers and I have retrieved from storage the clamps for the mud box and the weed hatch and rubbed them down ready for painting and I've fitted the the stern fender.

Other jobs done are in the engine room area include a connection for the water feed to the Cutlass bearing (white hose), final fixing hoses and wiring.

Installing the driveshaft and water seal and installing the bilge pump.

I have changed the fitting supplied by Vetus because I wanted to put a sea cock this end too, and doing it this was I can use a 14mm ID tube instead of a 10mm tube.

The bilge pump is a new design solid state unit.  Somehow it detects the water level without a float switch.  It's won design awards so I hope it will work if its ever needed.  (Update:-  I had to know, so I dipped it in a bucket of water and it worked.)

So as far as I can see I have finished in the engine room.  No doubt there will be some modifications.  I will probably change the Jubilee clips for superclamps.  Now I have discovered them I much prefer them especially in critical areas.  And I need to repaint it AGAIN!  I think I will wait until  I have a nothing else to do day.a

No comments:

Post a Comment