Tuesday, 26 April 2011


I had a week off last week so no noticeable progress although some background stuff has been done but not blog worthy.

One of the background jobs was picking up the skeg plate form the local fabrication firm last week. They pressed the curve on it for me. After a heavy chamfering session 

I set and clamped the job up

I wanted to do this weld job in one pass hence the heavy chamfering so I switched to 1mm mig wire and cranked up the amperage.  It's been a while since I used 1mm and it seemed so think compared to .8mm

The result........... 1 skeg.

I have offered it up just to see what needs to be done next.  Upside down welding........ remember, my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment