Thursday 9 February 2012

Back From Skiing

After a nice week away skiing, its back to the boat.

While I was away I had my delivery of curtain fittings from Jim at Jim's Engineering.  It's nice to know there are still artisan engineers left and business done the old fashioned way.  Jim even customized the fittings for me so I could invisible fix.

I chose the Stainless Steel option as I wanted the contemporary look.  They a beautifully made and look fantastic up and SWMBO is also delighted.




My new alarm system arrived while I was away as well.  Why have I changed already?  Well this system has leak detection sensors and a gas sniffer which all link in with the main panel wirelessly.  It also has all the other features of the other system.

Damp and water sensor

I have 3 of these sensors one in the engine room bilge set at about 60 mm and one each end of the cabin bilge set as close to the base plate as possible about 2mm.  Hopefully this will alert very early and prevent additional problems. 

On another note, we have had 6" of snow 5 days ago and temperatures have barely risen above 0c since if at all.  


I have been working in the boat and had the CH on at a nice toasty 20c. On the roof there is still a nice 3-4" inches of snow.  Proof if ever it was needed that spray foam insulation is well worth the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment