Saturday 13 April 2013

A Bit Council House?

I have been up to quite a few things on the boat but nothing really blog worthy. I do have a lot to say about generators, batteries, alternators and charging but this is still a work in progress.

I have put the 12v toilet back in and fitted a better design non-return valve.



The 230v toilet was OK but had its issues, principally the amount of water used.  Since fitting this valve no backflow has been noticed.  The other issue I had with the 12v toilet was voltage drop on activation.  I have overcome this with a small sealed 12v battery in a cupboard very close to the toilet.

This was the original toilet swap blog.

It's a common joke in the UK that mounting a TV on the wall is a bit "Council House".  It just happens on the boat I decided it would be a good idea as it frees the surface of the unit.


Before

After

Much neater as all the wires are in the wall now.  The extra height is better, more comfortable viewing angle.  It was a bit low before.

2 comments:

  1. Jill, Matilda Rose13 April 2013 at 23:00

    We've been talking about you and Debbie today with Sue and Vic; all good.
    You must be gutted about missing the Wash trip.
    I think you've moved the TV up to raise it above Herbie's teeth level.
    Love to my disco pal xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill

    Yes I was well hacked off about that but I just couldn't afford to miss the hearing. We got possession anyway because she didn't turn up I needn't have bothered either but couldn't take the risk.

    Deb says Hi.

    ReplyDelete