Monday 26 September 2011

Plumbing Has Come To Life

This morning I fitted the taps and made the final plumbing connections.

Kitchen

Bathroom

Shower

Once the cold side was checked and the calorifier filled I fired up the diesel heater and in half an hour I had seriously hot water.

I am not very happy with the water pump.  It's very noisy so I am going to mount it on some soft substrate.  If that don't work then I will be looking for another one.  The one in my motorhome is the same capacity but is "for motorhomes" as opposed to "for boats".

With all the water working I was able to fill and test the macerator toilet.  When I say test I do mean a  clean test.  I'll have to trust that it will deal with matters once afloat.

And finally as the water tank filled the water tank gauge came to life with some readings.  Once the tank is full I can calibrate it.  That is if I can find the instructions!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice Kev. I have to go looking for that shower fixture. What's the mfgr name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sorry for the delay in replying. It's a Triton thermostatic bar mixer. Do you have Triton over there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sorry for the delay in replying. It's a Triton thermostatic bar mixer. Do you have Triton over there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sorry for the delay in replying. It's a Triton thermostatic bar mixer. Do you have Triton over there?

    ReplyDelete