Thursday 1 March 2012

Gunwale Gritting

I started the day buy sweeping off the excess grit.  This needed to go into the oven to dry out ready for the starboard side to be gritted.

This is how it looked before painting.




After I masked up and gritted the starboard this had given time for the damp of the day to burn off so I could paint the port side.





This really drunk some paint I can tell you.  Hopefully all this gritting will ensure I never slip off the gunwales.  Fingers crossed hey?

2 comments:

  1. Looking at the video it looks like you are going to have to do a major clean up of the area after the boat is launched.

    Gunwales are looking very good.

    Bill Kelleher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh Bill. I'm not the tidiest worker, also I have learned to never throw anything away if might be useful.

    Once the boat has gone I will get a skip in.

    ReplyDelete