On new years day I filled the CH system with water and bled it up as you would do in a domestic system The only difference here was the boiler was not in the system. Ideally I would have liked to used a water pressure pump to load the system but couldn't beg borrow or steel one so I used compresses air instead.
Loaded to 3bar
I knew this would go down as the air dissolved in he water and the system stretched. After a couple of days it settled down to 2 bar and this morning when I started work on the boat it was still at 2 bar.
Satisfied the system was not leaking with this reading and that no water stains were found I am confident the system is sound. Hopefully this will be so when its hot.
After draining the system (well blowing it out with compressed air at 150psi) it was quicker! I decided to see if the Calorifier would fit. I had it made to the maximum hight I had available so it was time to see if I'd been over confident. I must admit I was concerned.
It just fitted in....... really JUST!
Please ignore my disgusting engine bay area. I have repainted it once but as my decking is temporary its not fully self draining. I am trying to get a firm to come out an make a pram hood but they just won't come this far out. I am resolved to leave it until the weather warms up but it needs sorting before the engine goes in.
With the calorifier in place I marked up for the cold supply and hot out pipes. I have now plumbed this up.